New to the Faith and Fit 90 Series? Learn more about it HERE and sign-up.
Week 3: Building Faith
Today’s Easy Task: Fast from Technology for 24 hours (recommend on Sabbath day) and use that time to connect with God
How to complete this task:
- Complete today’s task reading
- Pray today’s prayer
- Read today’s scriptures
- Take a 24 hour break from technology (television, video games, tablet devices, computers, phones, and smart watches) one day a week (recommend on Sabbath day) and use that time to connect with God
Today’s Task Reading:
We have made it to Day 19!
Yesterday, we meditated on 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and Matthew 7:24-27. Today, we will select a day to unplug – fast from technology for 24 hours so we can spend time to rest with God.
In life there are so many distractions, sometimes it is necessary to unplug from the distractions so we can connect to God. The benefits of connecting with God are:
- God Respond to You Because You are Living by His Word
- You’ll Know God, What He Likes and Dislikes
- God Give You Grace to Obey
- You’ll Please God, because You Know His Likes and Dislikes
- Your Heart Longs for God
- You’ll Have Favor because of your Belief, Heart, Obedient Spirit
When we are saved through Jesus Christ, it’s important that we keep our life and thoughts pure (Philippians 4:8). There are two main ways we can govern our thoughts!
- We can screen our thoughts (protect your mind) since
evil thoughts bring corruption (1 Corinthians 15:33). Below are some great questions that can help
us screen our thoughts.
- What is the source of these thoughts?
- Where will these thoughts lead me?
- Are these thoughts scriptural?
- Will these thoughts build me up or tear me down?
- Can I share these thoughts?
- Do these thoughts make me feel guilty?
- We can choose our thoughts by dwelling on actions that aligns with God’s word and practice them. We can accept Godly thinking and reject Ungodly thinking.
Let us take the time to set aside a full day to rest with God. When we dwell with God, we find rest (Psalm 91:1).
Today’s Prayer: God, Jehovah El Shaddai. You are almighty. You are all powerful. We can run to You and dwell with You to receive true rest. Let Your rest fill this earth. Help Your people to fellowship and spend time with You. You are our source of strength. Your presence gives life to dead places. Help us unplug from anything that is distracting us from spending time with You. Forgive us for spending more time with television, video games, tablet devices, computers, phones, and smart watches than with You on the Sabbath day – our day of rest. Help us to be depended on You and not technology. So we can be better family member, friend and worker. When evil surrounds us and tempts us, keep us safe and on the right path. Keep a hedge of protection around us. Thank You for Your Guidance and directions. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Today’s Scriptures: Philippians 4:8, 1 Corinthians 15:33, Psalm 91:1
Philippians 4:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
1 Corinthians 15:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”
Psalm 91:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved
Get your notebook or Week 3 of Faith and Fit 90 Series 1: Building Faith Workbook on Amazon to do the following tasks.
We will take a 24 hour break from the digital break one day a week (recommend on Sabbath day) and use that time to connect with God. Please write down the day of the week when you can commit to your digital fast. The day of the week I will commit to completing my digital fast is…
Let us share the day of the week we will complete our technology fast in my private Facebook group – 4everVernice’s Health and Wealth Accountability Group
The other ways you can share your progress are…
If you have, blog, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, private group, please share them with me. I would love to connect with you as well.
Live Healthier and Wealthier,
Want Week 3 Faith & Fit 90 Series in workbook format? You Can Find It Here: Coming Soon